Fountains

As I continue to explore the idea of parks and their relevance to my practice I have been thinking about the relationship between each architectural object within the park and its symbolism. As explained here I have previously explored fountains as ciphers to connect with internal emotional dialogues. In New York I visited the fountain at the end of this clip and found it very emotive as I had previously seen the film this clip introduces. I connect so much with it due to the subject matter that ‘Angels in America’ explores: Aids and its effect on America, in this 'gay' context the public memorial enables me to explicitly interpret this fountain in a way that is relevant to my own perspective as a gay man. Of course each public architectural feature has personal relevance depending on the viewers own perspective it is this that I continue to explore in my current research.

Comments

Popular Posts